Tippecanoe County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Tippecanoe County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Tippecanoe County, Indiana. You can contact the Tippecanoe County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Tippecanoe County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Tippecanoe County Assessor's Office is located in the Tippecanoe County Office Building in Lafayette, Indiana.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Tippecanoe County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Tippecanoe County Information
Tippecanoe County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Tippecanoe County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Tippecanoe County Tax Appraiser.
- The Tippecanoe County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Tippecanoe County.
- The Tippecanoe County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Tippecanoe County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Tippecanoe County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Tippecanoe County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Tippecanoe County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 765-423-9255. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Tippecanoe County assessor's office at 765-423-9790. Please call the assessor's office in Lafayette before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352