Switzerland County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Switzerland County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Switzerland County, Indiana. You can contact the Switzerland County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Switzerland County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Switzerland County Assessor's Office is located in Vevay, Indiana.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Switzerland County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Switzerland County Information
Switzerland County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Switzerland County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Switzerland County Tax Appraiser.
- The Switzerland County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Switzerland County.
- The Switzerland County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Switzerland County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Switzerland County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Switzerland County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Switzerland County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 812-427-3379. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Switzerland County assessor's office at 812-427-3179. Please call the assessor's office in Vevay before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352