Steuben County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Steuben County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Steuben County, Indiana. You can contact the Steuben County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Steuben County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
317 S Wayne St Ste 2HThe Steuben County Assessor's Office is located in Angola, Indiana. Angola is the county seat of Steuben County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Steuben County Courthouse, at 317 South Wayne Street, Suite 2G.
Steuben County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Steuben County Information
Steuben County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Steuben County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Steuben County Tax Appraiser.
- The Steuben County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Steuben County.
- The Steuben County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Steuben County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Steuben County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Steuben County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Steuben County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 260-668-1000. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Steuben County assessor's office at 260-665-8483. Please call the assessor's office in Angola before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Steuben County Courthouse at 260-668-1000-1224.