Ohio County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Ohio County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ohio County, Indiana. You can contact the Ohio County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Ohio County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
413 Main St.The Ohio County Assessor's Office is located in Rising Sun, Indiana. Rising Sun is the county seat of Ohio County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Ohio County Courthouse, at 413 Main Street.
Ohio County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ohio County Information
Ohio County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ohio County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ohio County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ohio County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ohio County.
- The Ohio County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ohio County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ohio County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ohio County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ohio County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 812-438-3264. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ohio County assessor's office at 812-438-4590. Please call the assessor's office in Rising Sun before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ohio County Courthouse at 812-438-2062.