Miami County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Miami County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Miami County, Indiana. You can contact the Miami County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Miami County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Miami County Assessor's Office is located in the Miami County Courthouse in Peru, Indiana.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Miami County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Miami County Information
Miami County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Miami County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Miami County Tax Appraiser.
- The Miami County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Miami County.
- The Miami County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Miami County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Miami County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Miami County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Miami County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 765-472-3901. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Miami County assessor's office at 765-472-5948. Please call the assessor's office in Peru before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352