La Porte County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The La Porte County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in La Porte County, Indiana. You can contact the La Porte County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the La Porte County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The La Porte County Assessor's Office is located in La Porte, Indiana.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
La Porte County Assessor Contact Information
La Porte County Assessor Address
La Porte County Assessor
555 Michigan Avenue, Suite 103
La Porte, IN 46350
La Porte County Assessor Phone Number
(219) 326-6808 Ext. 2268
La Porte County Assessor's Website
Additional La Porte County Information
Property Search (GIS Maps) Geographical Information System
La Porte County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the La Porte County Tax Assessor may also serve as the La Porte County Tax Appraiser.
- The La Porte County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in La Porte County.
- The La Porte County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The La Porte County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in La Porte County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting La Porte County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the La Porte County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 219-326-6808-Ext.-2268. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the La Porte County assessor's office at 219-326-7084. Please call the assessor's office in La Porte before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352