Jennings County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Jennings County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Jennings County, Indiana. You can contact the Jennings County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Jennings County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 383The Jennings County Assessor's Office is located in Vernon, Indiana. Vernon is the county seat of Jennings County, where most local government offices are located.
Jennings County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Jennings County Information
Jennings County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Jennings County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Jennings County Tax Appraiser.
- The Jennings County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Jennings County.
- The Jennings County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Jennings County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Jennings County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Jennings County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Jennings County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 812-352-3011. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Jennings County assessor's office at 812-352-3000. Please call the assessor's office in Vernon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Jennings County Courthouse at 812-346-2131.