Fountain County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Fountain County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Fountain County, Indiana. You can contact the Fountain County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Fountain County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
301 4Th StThe Fountain County Assessor's Office is located in Covington, Indiana. Covington is the county seat of Fountain County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Fountain County Courthouse, at 301 4th Street.
Fountain County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Fountain County Information
Fountain County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Fountain County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Fountain County Tax Appraiser.
- The Fountain County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Fountain County.
- The Fountain County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Fountain County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Fountain County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Fountain County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Fountain County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 765-793-3481. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Covington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Fountain County Courthouse at 765-793-2243.