Dubois County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Dubois County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dubois County, Indiana. You can contact the Dubois County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Dubois County property tax due date
1 Courthouse SqThe Dubois County Assessor's Office is located in Jasper, Indiana. Jasper is the county seat of Dubois County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Dubois County Courthouse, at 1 Courthouse Square.
Dubois County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dubois County Information
Dubois County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dubois County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dubois County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dubois County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dubois County.
- The Dubois County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dubois County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dubois County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dubois County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dubois County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 812-481-7010. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Jasper before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dubois County Courthouse at 812-481-7000.