DeKalb County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The DeKalb County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in DeKalb County, Indiana. You can contact the DeKalb County Assessor for:
- Checking the DeKalb County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
100 S Main StThe DeKalb County Assessor's Office is located in Auburn, Indiana. Auburn is the county seat of DeKalb County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Dekalb County Courthouse, at 100 South Main Street.
DeKalb County Assessor Contact Information
DeKalb County Assessor Address
DeKalb County Assessor
DeKalb County Courthouse
100 South Main Street
Auburn, IN 46706
DeKalb County Assessor Phone Number
DeKalb County Assessor's Website
Additional DeKalb County Information
GIS Map & Parcel Search Geographical Information System
Make a Property Tax Payment How to pay property taxes
Parcel Search Find DeKalb County property tax records
DeKalb County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the DeKalb County Tax Assessor may also serve as the DeKalb County Tax Appraiser.
- The DeKalb County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in DeKalb County.
- The DeKalb County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The DeKalb County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in DeKalb County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting DeKalb County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the DeKalb County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 260-925-1824. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the DeKalb County assessor's office at 260-927-4795. Please call the assessor's office in Auburn before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dekalb County Courthouse at 260-925-2362.
Find the tax assessor for a different Indiana county
Find property records for DeKalb County
The median property tax in DeKalb County, Indiana is $886.00