Clay County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Clay County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Clay County, Indiana. You can contact the Clay County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Clay County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
609 E National AveThe Clay County Assessor's Office is located in Brazil, Indiana. Brazil is the county seat of Clay County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Clay County Courthouse, at 609 East National Avenue, Room 118.
Clay County Assessor Contact Information
Clay County Assessor Address
Clay County Assessor
Clay County Courthouse
609 East National Avenue, Room 118
Brazil, IN 47834
Clay County Assessor Phone Number
Additional Clay County Information
Property Tax Search - Pay Property Taxes (Tax Records) Find Clay County property tax records
Clay County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Clay County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Clay County Tax Appraiser.
- The Clay County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Clay County.
- The Clay County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Clay County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Clay County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Clay County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Clay County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 812-448-9013. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Brazil before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Clay County Courthouse at 812-448-9005.
Find the tax assessor for a different Indiana county
Find property records for Clay County