Brown County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Brown County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Brown County, Indiana. You can contact the Brown County Assessor for:
- Checking the Brown County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
P.O. Box 37The Brown County Assessor's Office is located in Nashville, Indiana. Nashville is the county seat of Brown County, where most local government offices are located.
Brown County Assessor Contact Information
Brown County Assessor Address
Brown County Assessor
201 Locust Lane
Nashville, IN 47448
Brown County Assessor Phone Number
Brown County Assessor's Website
Additional Brown County Information
GIS Map & Parcel Search Geographical Information System
Pay Your Property Tax How to pay property taxes
Brown County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Brown County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Brown County Tax Appraiser.
- The Brown County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Brown County.
- The Brown County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Brown County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Brown County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Brown County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Brown County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 812-988-5466. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Brown County assessor's office at 812-988-5520. Please call the assessor's office in Nashville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Brown County Courthouse at 812-988-5485.
Find the tax assessor for a different Indiana county
Find property records for Brown County
The median property tax in Brown County, Indiana is $1,062.00