Boone County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Boone County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Boone County, Indiana. You can contact the Boone County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Boone County property tax due date
201 Courthouse SqThe Boone County Assessor's Office is located in Lebanon, Indiana. Lebanon is the county seat of Boone County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Boone County Courthouse, at 115 Courthouse Square.
Boone County Assessor Contact Information
Boone County Assessor Address
Boone County Assessor
115 Courthouse Square
Lebanon, IN 46052
Boone County Assessor Phone Number
Boone County Assessor's Website
Additional Boone County Information
Pay Your Property Tax How to pay property taxes
Property Tax Search (Tax Records) Find Boone County property tax records
Property Tax Search Tool & GIS Map Geographical Information System
Boone County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Boone County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Boone County Tax Appraiser.
- The Boone County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Boone County.
- The Boone County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Boone County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Boone County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Boone County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Boone County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 765-482-0140. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Boone County assessor's office at 765-483-5239. Please call the assessor's office in Lebanon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Boone County Courthouse at 765-482-2940.
Find the tax assessor for a different Indiana county
Find property records for Boone County
The median property tax in Boone County, Indiana is $1,770.00