Bartholomew County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Bartholomew County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bartholomew County, Indiana. You can contact the Bartholomew County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Bartholomew County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
440 Third StreetThe Bartholomew County Assessor's Office is located in Columbus, Indiana. Columbus is the county seat of Bartholomew County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Bartholomew County Courthouse, at 440 Third Street.
Bartholomew County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bartholomew County Information
Bartholomew County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bartholomew County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bartholomew County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bartholomew County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bartholomew County.
- The Bartholomew County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bartholomew County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bartholomew County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bartholomew County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bartholomew County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 812-379-1505. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bartholomew County assessor's office at 812-379-1613. Please call the assessor's office in Columbus before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bartholomew County Courthouse at 812-379-1515.