Woodford County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Woodford County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Woodford County, Illinois. You can contact the Woodford County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Woodford County property tax due date
115 N Main St Ste 202The Woodford County Assessor's Office is located in Eureka, Illinois. Eureka is the county seat of Woodford County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Woodford County Courthouse, at 115 North Main Street, Suite 103.
Woodford County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Woodford County Information
Woodford County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Woodford County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Woodford County Tax Appraiser.
- The Woodford County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Woodford County.
- The Woodford County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Woodford County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Woodford County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Woodford County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Woodford County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 309-467-3708. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Woodford County assessor's office at 309-467-7329. Please call the assessor's office in Eureka before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Woodford County Courthouse at 309-467-2822.