Williamson County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Williamson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Williamson County, Illinois. You can contact the Williamson County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Williamson County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
200 W Jefferson StThe Williamson County Assessor's Office is located in Marion, Illinois. Marion is the county seat of Williamson County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Williamson County Courthouse, at 200 West Jefferson Street.
Williamson County Assessor Contact Information
Williamson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Williamson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Williamson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Williamson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Williamson County.
- The Williamson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Williamson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Williamson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Williamson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Williamson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 618-997-1301-Ext.142. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Marion before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Williamson County Courthouse at 618-997-1301.