Whiteside County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Whiteside County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Whiteside County, Illinois. You can contact the Whiteside County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Whiteside County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
200 E Knox StThe Whiteside County Assessor's Office is located in Morrison, Illinois. Morrison is the county seat of Whiteside County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Whiteside County Courthouse, at 200 East Knox Street.
Whiteside County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Whiteside County Information
Whiteside County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Whiteside County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Whiteside County Tax Appraiser.
- The Whiteside County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Whiteside County.
- The Whiteside County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Whiteside County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Whiteside County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Whiteside County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Whiteside County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 815-772-5195. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Morrison before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Whiteside County Courthouse at 815-772-5100.