Vermilion County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Vermilion County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Vermilion County, Illinois. You can contact the Vermilion County Assessor for:
- Checking the Vermilion County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
6 N Vermilion StThe Vermilion County Assessor's Office is located in Danville, Illinois. Danville is the county seat of Vermilion County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Courthouse Annex, 3rd Floor, at 6 North Vermilion Street.
Vermilion County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Vermilion County Information
Vermilion County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Vermilion County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Vermilion County Tax Appraiser.
- The Vermilion County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Vermilion County.
- The Vermilion County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Vermilion County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Vermilion County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Vermilion County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Vermilion County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 217-554-1940. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Vermilion County assessor's office at 217-554-1955. Please call the assessor's office in Danville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Courthouse Annex, 3rd Floor at 217-554-6000.