Tazewell County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Tazewell County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Tazewell County, Illinois. You can contact the Tazewell County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Tazewell County property tax due date
11 S 4Th St Ste 432The Tazewell County Assessor's Office is located in the McKenzie Building, Room 410 in Pekin, Illinois. Pekin is the county seat of Tazewell County, where most local government offices are located.
Tazewell County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Tazewell County Information
Tazewell County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Tazewell County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Tazewell County Tax Appraiser.
- The Tazewell County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Tazewell County.
- The Tazewell County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Tazewell County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Tazewell County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Tazewell County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Tazewell County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 309-477-2275. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Tazewell County assessor's office at 309-477-2204. Please call the assessor's office in Pekin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Tazewell County government at 309-477-2272.