Schuyler County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Schuyler County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Schuyler County, Illinois. You can contact the Schuyler County Assessor for:
- Checking the Schuyler County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
120 S Congress StThe Schuyler County Assessor's Office is located in Rushville, Illinois. Rushville is the county seat of Schuyler County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Po Box 200, at 102 South Congress Street.
Schuyler County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Schuyler County Information
Schuyler County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Schuyler County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Schuyler County Tax Appraiser.
- The Schuyler County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Schuyler County.
- The Schuyler County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Schuyler County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Schuyler County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Schuyler County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Schuyler County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 217-322-4432. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Schuyler County assessor's office at 217-322-6164. Please call the assessor's office in Rushville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Po Box 200 at 217-322-4734.