Saline County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Saline County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Saline County, Illinois. You can contact the Saline County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Saline County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
10 E Poplar StThe Saline County Assessor's Office is located in Harrisburg, Illinois. Harrisburg is the county seat of Saline County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Saline County Courthouse, at 10 East Poplar Street, Suite 23.
Saline County Assessor Contact Information
Saline County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Saline County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Saline County Tax Appraiser.
- The Saline County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Saline County.
- The Saline County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Saline County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Saline County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Saline County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Saline County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 618-252-0691. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Saline County assessor's office at 618-252-2339. Please call the assessor's office in Harrisburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Saline County Courthouse at 618-252-6905.