Pulaski County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Pulaski County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pulaski County, Illinois. You can contact the Pulaski County Assessor for:
- Checking the Pulaski County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
500 Illinois AveThe Pulaski County Assessor's Office is located in Mound City, Illinois. Mound City is the county seat of Pulaski County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Pulaski County government, at 500 Illinois Avenue, Room F.
Pulaski County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pulaski County Information
Pulaski County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pulaski County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pulaski County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pulaski County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pulaski County.
- The Pulaski County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pulaski County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pulaski County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pulaski County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pulaski County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 618-748-9321. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Pulaski County assessor's office at 618-748-9046. Please call the assessor's office in Mound City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pulaski County government at 618-748-9360.