Piatt County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Piatt County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Piatt County, Illinois. You can contact the Piatt County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Piatt County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
101 W Washington StThe Piatt County Assessor's Office is located in Monticello, Illinois. Monticello is the county seat of Piatt County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Piatt County Courthouse, at 101 West Washington Street, Room 102.
Piatt County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Piatt County Information
Piatt County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Piatt County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Piatt County Tax Appraiser.
- The Piatt County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Piatt County.
- The Piatt County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Piatt County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Piatt County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Piatt County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Piatt County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 217-762-4266. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Piatt County assessor's office at 217-762-9716. Please call the assessor's office in Monticello before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Piatt County Courthouse at 217-762-9487.