Perry County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Perry County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Perry County, Illinois. You can contact the Perry County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Perry County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO Box 438The Perry County Assessor's Office is located in Pinckeyville, Illinois.
Perry County Assessor Contact Information
Perry County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Perry County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Perry County Tax Appraiser.
- The Perry County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Perry County.
- The Perry County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Perry County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Perry County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Perry County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Perry County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 618-357-2209. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Perry County assessor's office at 618-357-2269. Please call the assessor's office in Pinckeyville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Perry County Courthouse at 618-357-5116.