Moultrie County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Moultrie County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Moultrie County, Illinois. You can contact the Moultrie County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Moultrie County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
10 S Main StThe Moultrie County Assessor's Office is located in the Moultrie County Courthouse in Sullivan, Illinois. Sullivan is the county seat of Moultrie County, where most local government offices are located.
Moultrie County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Moultrie County Information
Moultrie County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Moultrie County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Moultrie County Tax Appraiser.
- The Moultrie County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Moultrie County.
- The Moultrie County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Moultrie County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Moultrie County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Moultrie County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Moultrie County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 217-728-4951. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Moultrie County assessor's office at 217-728-9311. Please call the assessor's office in Sullivan before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Moultrie County Courthouse at 217-728-4389.