Morgan County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Morgan County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Morgan County, Illinois. You can contact the Morgan County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Morgan County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
300 W State StThe Morgan County Assessor's Office is located in Jacksonville, Illinois. Jacksonville is the county seat of Morgan County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Morgan County Courthouse, at 300 West State Street.
Morgan County Assessor Contact Information
Morgan County Assessor Address
Morgan County Supervisor of Assessments
Morgan County Courthouse
300 West State Street
Jacksonville, IL 62650
Morgan County Assessor Phone Number
Morgan County Assessor's Website
Additional Morgan County Information
Property Tax Search Tool & GIS Map Geographical Information System
Morgan County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Morgan County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Morgan County Tax Appraiser.
- The Morgan County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Morgan County.
- The Morgan County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Morgan County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Morgan County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Morgan County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Morgan County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 217-243-8557. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Jacksonville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Morgan County Courthouse at 217-245-4619.
Find the tax assessor for a different Illinois county
Find property records for Morgan County
The median property tax in Morgan County, Illinois is $1,674.00