McHenry County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The McHenry County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in McHenry County, Illinois. You can contact the McHenry County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the McHenry County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
2200 N Seminary AveThe McHenry County Assessor's Office is located in Woodstock, Illinois. Woodstock is the county seat of McHenry County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Mchenry County Government Center, at 2200 North Seminary Avenue.
McHenry County Assessor Contact Information
Additional McHenry County Information
McHenry County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the McHenry County Tax Assessor may also serve as the McHenry County Tax Appraiser.
- The McHenry County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in McHenry County.
- The McHenry County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The McHenry County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in McHenry County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting McHenry County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the McHenry County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 815-334-4290. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the McHenry County assessor's office at 815-338-8522. Please call the assessor's office in Woodstock before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mchenry County Government Center at 815-334-4000.