McDonough County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The McDonough County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in McDonough County, Illinois. You can contact the McDonough County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the McDonough County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
1 Courthouse SqThe McDonough County Assessor's Office is located in Macomb, Illinois. Macomb is the county seat of McDonough County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Mcdonough County Courthouse, at One Courthouse Square.
McDonough County Assessor Contact Information
McDonough County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the McDonough County Tax Assessor may also serve as the McDonough County Tax Appraiser.
- The McDonough County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in McDonough County.
- The McDonough County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The McDonough County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in McDonough County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting McDonough County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the McDonough County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 309-833-5305. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the McDonough County assessor's office at 309-833-4022. Please call the assessor's office in Macomb before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mcdonough County Courthouse at 309-837-2308.