Macoupin County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Macoupin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Macoupin County, Illinois. You can contact the Macoupin County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Macoupin County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
233 E 1st South StreetThe Macoupin County Assessor's Office is located in Carlinville, Illinois. Carlinville is the county seat of Macoupin County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Macoupin County government, at 201 East Main Street.
Macoupin County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Macoupin County Information
Macoupin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Macoupin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Macoupin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Macoupin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Macoupin County.
- The Macoupin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Macoupin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Macoupin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Macoupin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Macoupin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 217-854-8281-Ext.-3. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Macoupin County assessor's office at 217-854-4505. Please call the assessor's office in Carlinville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Macoupin County government at 217-854-3214.