Lawrence County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Lawrence County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lawrence County, Illinois. You can contact the Lawrence County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Lawrence County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
1100 State StThe Lawrence County Assessor's Office is located in the Lawrence County Courthouse Annex in Lawrenceville, Illinois. Lawrenceville is the county seat of Lawrence County, where most local government offices are located.
Lawrence County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lawrence County Information
Lawrence County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lawrence County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lawrence County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lawrence County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lawrence County.
- The Lawrence County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lawrence County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lawrence County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lawrence County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lawrence County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 618-943-2719. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lawrence County assessor's office at 618-943-2016. Please call the assessor's office in Lawrenceville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lawrence County Courthouse at 618-943-2346.