Lake County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Lake County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lake County, Illinois. You can contact the Lake County Assessor for:
- Checking the Lake County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Lake County Assessor's Office is located in Waukegan, Illinois.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Lake County Assessor Contact Information
Lake County Assessor Address
Lake County Chief County Assessment Officer
18 North County Street
Waukegan, IL 60085
Lake County Assessor Phone Number
Lake County Assessor's Website
Additional Lake County Information
GIS Map Geographical Information System
Property Tax Payment Status Find Lake County property tax records
Property Tax Search Tool Find Lake County property tax records
Lake County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lake County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lake County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lake County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lake County.
- The Lake County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lake County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lake County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lake County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lake County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 847-377-2050. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lake County assessor's office at 847-625-7410. Please call the assessor's office in Waukegan before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352
Find the tax assessor for a different Illinois county
Find property records for Lake County
The median property tax in Lake County, Illinois is $6,285.00