Kendall County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Kendall County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kendall County, Illinois. You can contact the Kendall County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Kendall County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
111 W Fox RdThe Kendall County Assessor's Office is located in Yorkville, Illinois. Yorkville is the county seat of Kendall County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Kendall County Office Building, at 111 Fox Street.
Kendall County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kendall County Information
Kendall County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kendall County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kendall County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kendall County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kendall County.
- The Kendall County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kendall County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kendall County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kendall County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kendall County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 630-553-4146. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kendall County assessor's office at 630-553-4151. Please call the assessor's office in Yorkville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kendall County Office Building at 630-553-4143.