Kankakee County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Kankakee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kankakee County, Illinois. You can contact the Kankakee County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Kankakee County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
189 E Court StThe Kankakee County Assessor's Office is located in Kankakee, Illinois. Kankakee is the county seat of Kankakee County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Kankakee County Courthouse, at 189 East Court Street.
Kankakee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kankakee County Information
Kankakee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kankakee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kankakee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kankakee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kankakee County.
- The Kankakee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kankakee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kankakee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kankakee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kankakee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 815-937-2945. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kankakee County assessor's office at 815-937-2946. Please call the assessor's office in Kankakee before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kankakee County Courthouse at 815-937-3642.