Dupage County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Dupage County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dupage County, Illinois. You can contact the Dupage County Assessor for:
- Checking the Dupage County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
421 N County Farm RdThe Dupage County Assessor's Office is located in Wheaton, Illinois. Wheaton is the county seat of Dupage County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Dupage County Administration Building, at 421 North County Farm Road.
Dupage County Assessor Contact Information
Dupage County Assessor Address
DuPage County Supervisor of Assessments
Jack T. Knuepfer Admin. Bldg.
421 North County Farm Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
Dupage County Assessor Phone Number
Dupage County Assessor's Website
Additional Dupage County Information
Property Tax Search Tool Find Dupage County property tax records
Tax Payment Status (Search by address or parcel index number) Find Dupage County property tax records
Dupage County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dupage County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dupage County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dupage County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dupage County.
- The Dupage County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dupage County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dupage County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dupage County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dupage County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 630-407-5858. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Dupage County assessor's office at 630-407-5860. Please call the assessor's office in Wheaton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dupage County Administration Building at 630-407-8700.
Find the tax assessor for a different Illinois county
Find property records for Dupage County
The median property tax in Dupage County, Illinois is $5,417.00