Clark County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Clark County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Clark County, Illinois. You can contact the Clark County Assessor for:
- Checking the Clark County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
501 Archer AveThe Clark County Assessor's Office is located in Marshall, Illinois. Marshall is the county seat of Clark County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Clark County Courthouse, at 501 Archer Avenue.
Clark County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Clark County Information
Clark County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Clark County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Clark County Tax Appraiser.
- The Clark County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Clark County.
- The Clark County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Clark County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Clark County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Clark County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Clark County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 217-826-5815. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Clark County assessor's office at 217-826-5674. Please call the assessor's office in Marshall before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Clark County Courthouse at 217-826-8311.