Champaign County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Champaign County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Champaign County, Illinois. You can contact the Champaign County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Champaign County property tax due date
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Champaign County Assessor's Office is located in the Brookens Administrative Center in Urbana, Illinois.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Champaign County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Champaign County Information
Champaign County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Champaign County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Champaign County Tax Appraiser.
- The Champaign County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Champaign County.
- The Champaign County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Champaign County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Champaign County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Champaign County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Champaign County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 217-384-3760. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Champaign County assessor's office at 217-384-3762. Please call the assessor's office in Urbana before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352