Cass County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Cass County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cass County, Illinois. You can contact the Cass County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Cass County property tax due date
100 E Springfield StThe Cass County Assessor's Office is located in Virginia, Illinois. Virginia is the county seat of Cass County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Cass County Courthouse, at 100 East Springfield Street.
Cass County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cass County Information
Cass County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cass County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cass County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cass County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cass County.
- The Cass County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cass County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cass County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cass County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cass County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 217-452-7217. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cass County assessor's office at 217-452-7219. Please call the assessor's office in Virginia before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cass County Courthouse at 217-452-2277.