Carroll County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Carroll County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Carroll County, Illinois. You can contact the Carroll County Assessor for:
- Checking the Carroll County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Carroll County Assessor's Office is located in the Carroll County Courthouse in Mt. Carroll, Illinois.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Carroll County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Carroll County Information
Carroll County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Carroll County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Carroll County Tax Appraiser.
- The Carroll County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Carroll County.
- The Carroll County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Carroll County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Carroll County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Carroll County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Carroll County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 815-244-0237. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Carroll County assessor's office at 815-244-1046. Please call the assessor's office in Mt. Carroll before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352