Bureau County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Bureau County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bureau County, Illinois. You can contact the Bureau County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Bureau County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
700 S Main StThe Bureau County Assessor's Office is located in Princeton, Illinois. Princeton is the county seat of Bureau County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Bureau County Courthouse, at 700 South Main Street.
Bureau County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bureau County Information
Bureau County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bureau County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bureau County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bureau County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bureau County.
- The Bureau County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bureau County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bureau County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bureau County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bureau County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 815-875-6478. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bureau County assessor's office at 815-879-0504. Please call the assessor's office in Princeton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bureau County Courthouse at 815-875-2014.