Twin Falls County, Idaho - Assessor's Office
The Twin Falls County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Twin Falls County, Idaho. You can contact the Twin Falls County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Twin Falls County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
425 Shoshone St. NorthThe Twin Falls County Assessor's Office is located in Twin Falls, Idaho. Twin Falls is the county seat of Twin Falls County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Twin Falls County Courthouse, at 660 Shoshone Street North, 2nd Floor.
Twin Falls County Assessor Contact Information
Twin Falls County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Twin Falls County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Twin Falls County Tax Appraiser.
- The Twin Falls County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Twin Falls County.
- The Twin Falls County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Twin Falls County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Twin Falls County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Twin Falls County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Twin Falls County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 208-736-4010. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Twin Falls County assessor's office at 208-736-4181. Please call the assessor's office in Twin Falls before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Twin Falls County Courthouse at 208-736-4000.