Nez Perce County, Idaho - Assessor's Office
The Nez Perce County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Nez Perce County, Idaho. You can contact the Nez Perce County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Nez Perce County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
1225 Idaho StreetThe Nez Perce County Assessor's Office is located in Lewiston, Idaho. Lewiston is the county seat of Nez Perce County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Nez Perce County Courthouse, at 1230 Main Street.
Nez Perce County Assessor Contact Information
Nez Perce County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Nez Perce County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Nez Perce County Tax Appraiser.
- The Nez Perce County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Nez Perce County.
- The Nez Perce County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Nez Perce County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Nez Perce County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Nez Perce County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Nez Perce County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 208-799-3010. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Nez Perce County assessor's office at 208-799-3037. Please call the assessor's office in Lewiston before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Nez Perce County Courthouse at 208-799-3020.