Lemhi County, Idaho - Assessor's Office
The Lemhi County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lemhi County, Idaho. You can contact the Lemhi County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Lemhi County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
206 Courthouse DrThe Lemhi County Assessor's Office is located in Salmon, Idaho. Salmon is the county seat of Lemhi County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Lemhi County Courthouse, at 206 Courthouse Drive.
Lemhi County Assessor Contact Information
Lemhi County Assessor Address
Lemhi County Assessor
Lemhi County Courthouse
206 Courthouse Drive
Salmon, ID 83467
Lemhi County Assessor Phone Number
Lemhi County Assessor's Website
Additional Lemhi County Information
Property Tax Search Tool & Mapping Find Lemhi County property tax records
Lemhi County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lemhi County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lemhi County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lemhi County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lemhi County.
- The Lemhi County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lemhi County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lemhi County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lemhi County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lemhi County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 208-756-2276. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lemhi County assessor's office at 208-756-3173. Please call the assessor's office in Salmon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lemhi County Courthouse at 208-756-2815.
Find the tax assessor for a different Idaho county
Find property records for Lemhi County