Jerome County, Idaho - Assessor's Office
The Jerome County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Jerome County, Idaho. You can contact the Jerome County Assessor for:
- Checking the Jerome County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
300 N. Lincoln AvenueThe Jerome County Assessor's Office is located in Jerome, Idaho. Jerome is the county seat of Jerome County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Jerome County Courthouse, at 300 North Lincoln Avenue.
Jerome County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Jerome County Information
Jerome County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Jerome County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Jerome County Tax Appraiser.
- The Jerome County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Jerome County.
- The Jerome County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Jerome County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Jerome County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Jerome County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Jerome County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 208-644-2745. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Jerome County assessor's office at 208-644-2798. Please call the assessor's office in Jerome before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Jerome County Courthouse at 208-324-8811.