Gem County, Idaho - Assessor's Office
The Gem County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gem County, Idaho. You can contact the Gem County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Gem County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
415 E. Main St.The Gem County Assessor's Office is located in Emmett, Idaho. Emmett is the county seat of Gem County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Gem County Courthouse, at 415 East Main Street.
Gem County Assessor Contact Information
Gem County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gem County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gem County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gem County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gem County.
- The Gem County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gem County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gem County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gem County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gem County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 208-365-2982. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gem County assessor's office at 208-365-2163. Please call the assessor's office in Emmett before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gem County Courthouse at 208-365-4561.