Camas County, Idaho - Assessor's Office
The Camas County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Camas County, Idaho. You can contact the Camas County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Camas County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Camas County Assessor's Office is located in Fairfield, Idaho.
Camas County Assessor Contact Information
Camas County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Camas County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Camas County Tax Appraiser.
- The Camas County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Camas County.
- The Camas County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Camas County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Camas County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Camas County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Camas County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 208-764-2370. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Fairfield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.