Bonner County, Idaho - Assessor's Office
The Bonner County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bonner County, Idaho. You can contact the Bonner County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Bonner County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
215 S 1St AveThe Bonner County Assessor's Office is located in Sandpoint, Idaho. Sandpoint is the county seat of Bonner County, where most local government offices are located.
Bonner County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bonner County Information
Bonner County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bonner County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bonner County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bonner County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bonner County.
- The Bonner County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bonner County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bonner County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bonner County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bonner County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 208-265-1440. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bonner County assessor's office at 208-265-1451. Please call the assessor's office in Sandpoint before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bonner County Courthouse at 208-265-1432.