Benewah County, Idaho - Assessor's Office
The Benewah County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Benewah County, Idaho. You can contact the Benewah County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Benewah County property tax due date
701 W College AveThe Benewah County Assessor's Office is located in St. Maries, Idaho. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Benewah County Courthouse, at 701 College Avenue.
Benewah County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Benewah County Information
Benewah County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Benewah County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Benewah County Tax Appraiser.
- The Benewah County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Benewah County.
- The Benewah County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Benewah County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Benewah County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Benewah County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Benewah County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 208-245-2821. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in St. Maries before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Benewah County Courthouse at 208-245-3212.