Bear Lake County, Idaho - Assessor's Office
The Bear Lake County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bear Lake County, Idaho. You can contact the Bear Lake County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Bear Lake County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 190The Bear Lake County Assessor's Office is located in Paris, Idaho. Paris is the county seat of Bear Lake County, where most local government offices are located.
Bear Lake County Assessor Contact Information
Bear Lake County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bear Lake County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bear Lake County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bear Lake County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bear Lake County.
- The Bear Lake County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bear Lake County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bear Lake County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bear Lake County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bear Lake County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 208-945-2155. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bear Lake County assessor's office at 208-945-2887. Please call the assessor's office in Paris before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bear Lake County Courthouse at 208-945-2212.