Bannock County, Idaho - Assessor's Office
The Bannock County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bannock County, Idaho. You can contact the Bannock County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Bannock County property tax due date
624 E. Center StreetThe Bannock County Assessor's Office is located in the Bannock County Courthouse Annex in Pocatello, Idaho. Pocatello is the county seat of Bannock County, where most local government offices are located.
Bannock County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bannock County Information
Bannock County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bannock County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bannock County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bannock County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bannock County.
- The Bannock County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bannock County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bannock County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bannock County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bannock County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 208-236-7260. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Pocatello before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bannock County Courthouse at 208-236-7342.