Kauai County, Hawaii - Assessor's Office
The Kauai County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kauai County, Hawaii. You can contact the Kauai County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Kauai County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
4444 Rice StThe Kauai County Assessor's Office is located in Lihue, Hawaii. Lihue is the county seat of Kauai County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Kauai County Building, at 4444 Rice Street, Suite 454.
Kauai County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kauai County Information
Kauai County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kauai County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kauai County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kauai County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kauai County.
- The Kauai County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kauai County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kauai County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kauai County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kauai County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 808-241-4224. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Lihue before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kauai County Building at 808-241-6371.